- Celebrity Mom Style Secrets: How to Get Plump Lips
Celebrity Moms always have the best style secrets. Especially when it comes to getting plump lips (yes, we’re talking about you Angelina!) As they should, considering they have a whole army of people ensuring they look good each time they walk out the door. Whether it’s what to wear, what makeup covers best, how to minimize their post-baby flab, etc. -they get the scoop hand delivered! So what if you don’t have your own beauty entourage following you around? Follow these quick and easy glama tips and we’ll have you looking red carpet ready in no time!
How to Get Plump Lips
Not to get all vampy, but just-bitten plump lips are one of the top accessories for celebrity moms. Nothing is sexier then juicy, full lips that scream to be kissed.
To get the look, follow these BASIC steps…
A smooth foundation is a must for plump lips. You can make your own recipe by mixing 1 teaspoon brown sugar with 1-2 drops olive oil to form a paste. Massage onto lips in a circular motion for about two minutes and rinse off.
It doesn’t matter how gorgeous your new shade of lip color is if it disappears in five minutes. If you want a lip color that survives dinner, a glass of wine, or even that first kiss – opt for lip STAINS. They temporarily stain the lips leaving a lasting color that doesn’t slough off, get cakey, or leave your date looking like he’s the one with a makeup fetish. My personal favorite is by Evellier and can be found here. Fashion icon and creator, Tina Higgins, has done a fabulous job of creating natural, perfectly subtle toned stains that work double duty.
Once your pout has been exfoliated and stained, the next step is sealing in all your hard work. Grab a collagen based lip balm and apply a thin, even coat over your lips carefully outlining the lip line. The goal is to moisturize your lips for a juicy look, not mimic an oil spill so make sure you don’t go overboard with the lip balm. A little goes a long way!
A couple more plump and juicy lip ADVANCED tips:
- Outline your lips with a lip liner pencil that perfectly matches your lip color. This professional touch will give your lips a more polished shape.
- Dab a touch of white shimmer eyeshadow to the center of your top lip. This helps create the illusion of a more pronounced center lip that emphasizes a pout.
- Choose lighter lip colors over darker. Darker shades have a tendency to make lips appear smaller.
- Test drive the lip plumpersat your local beauty store. These products give you a “bee-stung” look by actually stinging your lips with spices such as cayenne. You will either love or hate the sensation and results, test drive them first!